National Quality Standards
East Gosford Early Learning participates in the National Quality Framework (NQF), including the National Quality Standard (NQS), the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the National Regulations..
The National Quality Standard sets a new national benchmark for the quality of education and care services. The National Quality Standard is divided into seven quality areas:
- Educational program and practice
- Children’s health and safety
- Physical environment
- Staffing arrangements
- Relationships with children
- Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- Leadership and service management.
The National Quality Standard Aims to Promote:
- the safety, health and wellbeing of children
- a focus on achieving outcomes for children through high-quality educational programs
- families’ understanding of what distinguishes a quality service.
Rating and Assessment Process
Services will be assessed and rated against each of the seven Quality Areas of the National Quality Standard and the National Regulations. They will also be given an overall rating. The rating and assessment process aims to drive continuous quality improvement at services and provide families with better information for making choices about their children’s education and care.
Services involve parents, families and management in each stage to seek their input and views into practices and care – this includes having parent input into policy reviews, parent meetings and providing updates in newsletters about the Service’s current stage in the process.